Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Potato and Sausage Bake

Ready or not, winter weather is upon us.  I am not ready.  I admit I am a pansy when it comes to cold weather.  I don't like snow.  I don't like cold.  Funny coming from a girl who grew up in Idaho where the winters are bitter and harsh and never-ending.  This year mother earth skipped fall and went directly to  cold weather.  Here it is October and we had our first snow last week.  It didn't stick, but that doesn't matter to me.

On days like today where I feel like blasting the heat to a nice toasty 70 degrees and forgetting for a while that it will be winter soon, I like to make something comforting for lunch.  My kids have already eaten and now are down for a nap and while they are sleeping, I am making a Potato and Sausage bake.  Hold on a sec.......

So remember how I said I would post the good,the bad and the burned?  Funny, here I am, typing away and all of a sudden I smell something burning.  Darn it, the potatoes that I had started to cook.  I got lost in thought and they burned.  Hate it when I do that.  Oh well.  Starting over now.

Potato and Sausage Bake

4 Medium Potatoes, cubed
2tbs Oil
1 Can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/4c Milk
1/3c Sour Cream
1 Hillshire Farms Sausage (or any kind that you like)
1 1/2c Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2c Potato chips, smashed

Heat oil in a skillet and brown potatoes for 5 minutes. 

Add sausage and cook for another minute.

Pour in soup, milk, Sour cream and seasonings

Add cheese and stir.

Pour into a greased casserole dish  and top with crunched up potato chips and bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  

This recipe cost just under $6.00 and will serve 4 people.



0 comments:

Post a Comment