Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chicken and Vegetable Curry

This recipe is my FAVORITE of all times.  It's taken me quite a long time to build flavors that I like and that aren't too spicy for my family.  My older kids can handle it, but my two younger have sore bellies if I make it to spicy.  So, here is my recipe for Chicken Curry with vegetables and Coconut Rice, I hope you make it and love it as much as I do!

Chicken Curry
2 Bone in Chicken breasts
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
4 Carrots, med dice
4 Potatoes, med dice
1/2 C. Onion, med dice.
2 tsp, Garlic, minced
2 C Water
1 Tsp Chicken bullion
1 Pkg Golden Curry sauce mix
1 C Coconut milk
4 Tbs Vegetable oil, divided

Heat a large non-stick skillet with 2 Tbs of oil on medium heat.  Season 2 chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place skin side down in hot oil.  DON'T touch for 3 minutes.  Turn on the other side and brown for another 3 minutes.  Place browned chicken on a plate and set aside.  Discard oil.
Heat remaining 2 Tbs of oil and add all the veggies except garlic.  Saute until brown on all  sides, usually 5 minutes.  Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
Place the chicken back in the pan and then add the water, chicken bullion and coconut milk.  Cover and simmer on med low for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely through. Remove chicken and let cool slightly. Add entire package of  golden curry sauce mix.  I bought mild, but it comes in medium and hot.  Simmer for 3 minutes with the lid off.  While the sauce is simmering, shred chicken and then add back in.  Serve over Coconut Rice and enjoy!

This recipe cost me just over $7.70 for 6 servings!  So good and so darn inexpensive.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment