Wednesday, October 30, 2013

French Style Crepes

While shopping at my local grocery store, I came across pre-packaged crepes.  They were priced at $4.99 for 10 and I thought that was absolutely crazy.  I make crepes all the time and they don't cost anywhere near that amount.  They are very easy to make and you can fill them with just about anything.  I love savory crepes more than the sweet ones, but I won't turn those ones down either.

French Style Crepes

1C Flour
1 1/2C Milk
2 Eggs
2 Tbs Sugar
1/8Tsp Salt
1Tbs Butter, melted

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.

I let the batter sit on the counter for 20 minutes so everything is completely mixed.


Lightly spray a 6" non-stick skillet and place over medium heat.

Add 2 tablespoons of batter to pan and swirl around until the pan is completely coated and the batter won't move any more.

Cook on one side until just browned and then flip to the other side using a small spatula.

Cook for additional minute and then remove from pan onto a plate covered with parchment paper.

Finish the rest of crepe batter the same way.



You can fill these crepes with just about anything, but my favorite way is  a couple slices of turkey, Swiss cheese, baby spinach and a few olives.  So darn yummy.

This recipe will make 18 crepes and it only costs just over .50!  That's around .02 per crepe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment