Friday, October 11, 2013

Fantastic Pizza Dough

 This recipe comes from the Pioneer Woman @ www.thepioneerwoman.com   One try of this dough, you will fall in love...
 Seriously, after making this fantastic, easy and CHEAP pizza dough, I am never going back to purchasing a pre-made pizza again!  This recipe takes all of 5 minutes to make, 1-2 hours to let rest and  is the best recipe I have ever tasted.

 The dough is perfect.  Soft, if you roll it out thick, crispy if you are a thin crust type.  It is amazing.  I've also made cheesy bread sticks out of it that were better than anything you get at a pizza place.


You can make this recipe an hour before you need it, or you can make it a couple days ahead of schedule, place it in the fridge and like she says, it just gets better.  It's true, Best. Dough. Ever!

This recipe will make one large pizza dough for .47!  That is insane.  I double it to feed my family or 6, so it costs me  .95 and I make 6 individual small pizza crusts.  Tell me, why on earth would you go out and buy a pizza dough when it costs so little to make and is the easiest thing in the world to make?  Yeah, I won't do it either.  If you happen to make this into a pizza, you will spend far less than you would purchasing a frozen pizza from the grocery store, or even less than purchasing it from a restaurant. 

My favorite way to dress this pizza is, Canadian bacon, Pineapple, Black olives, mushrooms, marinara sauce(I will post that recipe too, seriously yummy) and mozzarella cheese. Doing this for a single serving pizza only adds $1.49 more per pizza.  That means I can make 6 pizzas for 9.84!  Wow-Wee as my 21 month old says!  I hope you pull this recipe out and try it on family movie or game night.  It's sure to be a hit.


One Basic Pizza Crust

Prep Time:
Cook Time:
Difficulty:
Easy
Servings:
12

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon (SCANT) Active Dry Yeast
  • 3/4 cups Warm Water
  • 2 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 3/4 teaspoons Kosher Salt
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Preparation Instructions

Sprinkle yeast over 3/4 cups warm (not lukewarm) water. Let stand for a few minutes.
In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined, and the dough comes together in a sticky mass.
Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set it aside for 1 to 2 hours, or store in the fridge until you need it.
Note: it’s best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment